Repairs to your home
Familiarise yourself with our repairs process, including what happens when you report a repair, how long it will take, and how to prepare for appointments.
Your repairs responsibilities
There are some repairs and small jobs to your home that you are responsible for. Before you report a repair please check if it is your responsibility to fix.
How to report a repair
While we recruit and train a new customer service team our phone lines will be busier than usual. If your repair is not an emergency, you can report it using your MyHastoe account. Alternatively, please submit a contact form.
If you need to call, the number is:
0300 123 2250
• Monday-Friday: 9.30am–1.00pm
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 2.00–4.00pm
• Lines are closed on Thursday afternoons, at weekends and during holidays.
Please have as much information as possible ready before you call. You will be asked to describe the problem and let us know when it will be convenient for the contractor to visit to inspect or carry out the repair. We will also need to know how we can contact you during the day.
Please only ring the emergency out-of-hours number if it is absolutely necessary. For example, if there is a risk of loss of life, serious injury or damage to the property and the repair cannot wait until the office re-opens.
Examples of emergencies include:
- A total loss of heating or hot water where no alternative exists
- Leaks which cause internal damage and cannot be contained
- Total electrical or circuit failure
- Blocked drain.
For emergency repairs outside of our normal hours, please call
0345 266 6527
Emergency call times:
- 4pm – 9.30am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 1pm - 9.30am Thursday
- all day during weekends and holidays
When you email us about a repair, please make sure to include the below information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your daytime contact telephone number
- Full details of the repair you need
If your repair is an emergency, please call us or the out-of-hours number instead of emailing.
We offer appointments for most types of work between Monday to Friday.
Morning appointments are between 9am and 1pm
Afternoon appointments are between 1pm and 5pm
Please note, we are unable to accommodate appointments around the school run.