What you can expect from Hastoe
At Hastoe we aim to be customer inspired, enterprising, passionate about what we do, and professional and open when dealing with our customers. Whatever you contact us about, you can trust us to ‘say what we’ll do and do what we say’.
You can contact us online via your personal MyHastoe account, in writing or by calling our Customer Services Centre. Find out how to get in touch.
When you get in touch
- By phone – if staff are not available when you call, we will return your call within 2 working days
- By email – we will acknowledge your email within 1 working day and provide a full response within 5 working days
- By letter – we will respond within 5 working days from the date we receive your letter
- Via MyHastoe – we will call back within 2 working days if you have requested a call, or within 5 days if a written response is required
- If you report domestic violence or harassment a Housing Officer will contact you within one day.
- We will own your enquiry and where possible resolve it at the first point of contact
- With outstanding issues, we will keep you informed of the progress being made until your issue is resolved
- We will ensure you are satisfied with the way we handled your contact
- If things go wrong we will own your complaint and make sure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Our response times for complaints are provided in our Complaints Policy.
Visiting you in your home
- If you make an appointment, we can arrange to visit you in your home between 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday
- We will provide or arrange interpreting facilities on request
- Our employees and contractors will always carry identification with them and we will provide that identification on arrival at your home
Making a payment
We prefer you to pay by Direct Debit. By arrangement, you can also make a payment online via MyHastoe, Standing Order, by phone with a credit/debit card, or via PayPoint at the Post Office. Find out how to make a payment.
- We will calculate your charges in accordance with your tenancy agreement or lease, and in line with Government guidance
- We will process a request to set up a direct debit within 7 days of the request
- We enable you to pay your rent by direct debit on any day of the month (payment will be needed in advance if this is not the first of the month)
If you are having difficulty paying your rent
- We will take early and appropriate action to tell you of any arrears on your account
- We will give you advice on welfare benefits and how to manage debt
- We can make a referral to our own Benefit & Welfare service who can offer advice
Looking after our estates
- We will keep communal areas and facilities in a clean, tidy and safe condition
- We will keep communal grassed and planted areas in acceptable condition
- We work in partnership with residents and others to make neighbourhoods safe, clean and well maintained
- We will investigate and if necessary, enforce tenancy conditions where we find unacceptable conduct, for example, unkempt gardens and dumped rubbish
- We will remove offensive or obscene graffiti within 24 hours