What you can expect from Hastoe
At Hastoe we aim to be customer inspired, enterprising, passionate about what we do, and professional and open when dealing with our customers. Whatever you contact us about, we want you to be able to trust that 'we say what we’ll do and do what we say’.
Our Service Standards are based on consultation with our customers and influenced by practical issues such as the availability of staff and contractors and the supply of materials. We review our Service Standards periodically and in consultation with our customers.
You can contact us online via your personal MyHastoe account, in writing or by calling our Customer Services Centre. Find out how to get in touch.
When you get in touch
- By phone – if staff are not available when you call, we will return your call within 2 working days
- By letter – we will respond within 5 working days from the date we receive your letter
- Via MyHastoe – we will call back within 2 working days if you have requested a call, or within 5 days if a written response is required
- If you report domestic violence or harassment a Housing Officer will contact you within one day.
- We will own your enquiry and where possible resolve it at the first point of contact
- With outstanding issues, we will keep you informed of the progress being made until your issue is resolved
- We will ensure you are satisfied with the way we handled your contact
- If things go wrong we will own your complaint and make sure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Our response times for complaints are provided in our Complaints Policy.
Repair response times
- Priority 1 – Emergency: We will attend (to make the situation safe) within 4 hours and do the work within 24 hours. This applies to repairs to remove immediate danger to people and avoid flooding or major damage to property. For example, loss of heating (between the months of October and April), blocked drains, or total loss of electricity or water. We will usually only do work to make the situation safe at the first visit and carry out a full repair, if required, at a follow up appointment.
- Priority 2 – Urgent: We will arrange an appointment and do the work within 10 calendar days. This applies to repairs needed as a result of loss of heating during the summer months (May - September) or hot water, as well as minor leaks from a water pope, tank or cistern.
- Priority 3 – Routine: We will arrange an appointment and do the work within 28 working days. This applies to all other repairs where the problem does not cause immediate inconvenience or present a danger to occupants or the public and cannot wait to be done as part of our planned works programme.
Visiting you in your home
- If you make an appointment, we or our contractors can arrange to visit you in your home between 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday.
- We will provide or arrange interpreting facilities on request.
- Our employees and contractors will always carry identification with them and we will provide that identification on arrival at your home.
Looking after our estates
- We will keep communal areas and facilities in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- We will keep communal grassed and planted areas in an acceptable condition.
- We work in partnership with residents and others to make sure neighbourhoods are safe, clean and well maintained.
- We will investigate and, if necessary, enforce tenancy conditions where we find unacceptable conduct, for example, unkempt gardens and dumped rubbish.
- We will remove offensive or obscene graffiti within 24 hours.
Making a payment
We prefer you to pay by Direct Debit. By arrangement, you can also make a payment online via MyHastoe, Standing Order, by phone with a credit/debit card, or via PayPoint at the Post Office. Find out how to make a payment.
- We will calculate your charges in accordance with your tenancy agreement or lease, and in line with Government guidance.
- We will process a request to set up a direct debit within 7 days of the request.
- We will set up your Direct Debit to collect on the first day of the week, month or quarter that your charges fall due, in line with your tenancy agreement or lease.
If you are having difficulty paying your rent
- We will take early and appropriate action to tell you of any arrears on your account.
- We will provide free advice on welfare benefits and how to manage debt.
- We can make a referral to our own Benefit & Welfare service who can offer advice.
Our Business Strategy describes our current priorities and 4 strategic objectives.