Home contents insurance

Insure your home to protect your belongings and have peace of mind that you're covered if something goes wrong.

Why do you need home contents insurance?

Home contents insurance is designed to help protect your belongings. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help give peace of mind. For example, if there is a flood caused by a tank that Hastoe is responsible for repairing, you would still need to pay for any damaged carpets and belongings. Home contents insurance can cover these costs for you. 

Hastoe insures the building you live in but we do not insure your personal belongings. Therefore, you are responsible for arranging your own home contents insurance.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for. This will help you make a decision about whether you need one.

Insurance for tenants 

We’ve teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance to help you decide which cover is right for you. They run the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme. This is a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home. This includes cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures, and ornaments.

Find out more

Please visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk or call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288 to find out more. Please contact your Housing Officer and ask for an application pack. 

The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419.   Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy
It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.
Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Reachdeck Reachdeck
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size