Effect on our services & advice for residents Coronavirus update

Money advice

We have two Money Matters Advisors on hand to help you with a range of financial issues.

Our money advice service is free and available to all of our residents. You do not need to have rent arrears to receive advice and support from our Money Matters Advisors.

Lisane and Mark can help you with:

  • Budgeting
  • Completing a welfare benefits entitlement check
  • Applying for benefits
  • Applying for Discretionary Housing Payments
  • Assessing your finances, income and outgoings
  • Managing your spending
  • Reviewing your energy costs and switching providers
  • Suggesting other agencies who can help.

Our Money Matters Advisors have helped our residents to improve their finances in a number of ways, including increasing one tenant’s income by £200 per week through a benefit check and application, saving tenants up to £240 per year on fuel bills by helping them to switch energy providers, and generating a backdated benefits payment of over £14,000 plus ongoing weekly payments for one of our tenants. Read about how one of our advisors helped resident Megan get back on her feet and save over £3,000.

Get in touch

To find out how our Money Advisors can help you please complete the request form below. Alternatively, you can get in touch with your Area Housing Manager directly and ask to be referred.

The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you.

Other organisations that can help

As well as the money advice service that we provide, there are a number of other organisations who may be able to help you review your financial situation:

You can find advice on being made redundant, finding work, claiming benefits and managing debts here.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Browsealoud Browsealoud
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size