Type and tenure of homes
Schedule of works
Funders and development partners
Special features of interest
Number of homes: 34
- 25 for rent
- 9 for shared ownership
All 34 homes were prioritised for people with a local connection to Newport.
Work started on site: May 2016
Work completed: March 2018
- Hastoe: £4,625,000
- Uttlesford District Council: £570,000
- Homes England: £453,300
- Local authorities: Newport Parish Council and Uttlesford District Council
- Architect: George F Johnson Associates and Parsons + Whittley
- Contractor: Marfleet Construction
- Employer's Agent: McCreith Construction Consultancy
Each property has a gas combi boiler for heating and hot water and is designed to the AECB Building Standard.
Following feedback from residents, the original site identified off Frambury Lane was relocated to Cambridge Road after Hastoe was able to purchase the land from the Salmon family. The family has long-established connections with the village of Newport and were very keen to support the idea of housing for people with a local connection.
Take a look at some of our other homes that have recently been completed.