Effect on our services & advice for residents Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update

Information about the effect on our services and advice on staying safe in your home

Updated May 2021

Your safety is our top priority and we are making sure to follow the most up-to-date advice from the Government and the NHS to ensure our residents, staff and contractors remain as safe as possible against the coronavirus.

Effect on our services and advice for residents

We are aiming to maintain as many services as normal. However, we are following government advice on the need to keep a social distance and most of our employees are still working from home. Therefore, a number of changes have been made to the services we provide. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these circumstances.

Our customer service centre
The Hastoe Hub is now running with a full team and you can call us as normal on 0300 123 2250 and an advisor will be with you as soon as they can. Alternatively, please contact us via the resident portal MyHastoe or email us at customerservices@hastoe.com.

We are still working towards running a normal service, however, due to the impact of the national lockdowns, we are having to prioritise emergencies and the backlog of repairs that have previously been reported to us. If you have reported a routine repair in recent weeks, we will aim to resolve the issue for you as soon as possible.

Frequently asked questions

For more information about the effect of the coronavirus on our services and advice for residents, please read through our FAQs below.

  • Contacting us

    How do I contact Hastoe?

    The best way to contact us is through the online resident portal MyHastoe or our contact form.

    MyHastoe makes it easy for you to carry out a wide range of activities online at a time that suits you.  MyHastoe is totally secure, and can be viewed on your phone, tablet or computer.

    If you haven’t already registered, it’s quick and easy to sign up – all you need is your email address, date of birth and tenancy reference number.

    What if I am having problems registering for the MyHastoe online portal?

    If you’re having difficulty registering or can’t find your tenancy reference, please get in touch via our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can. 

    What if I have limited online access?

    Our customer service centre, The Hastoe Hub, is currently operating with a reduced number of staff. You can call us on 0300 123 2250 but call wait times may be longer than usual. If you need to report an emergency repair please stay on the line and an advisor will be with you as soon as they can. 

  • Rent and service charge payments

    Do I still need to pay my rent?

    Yes, you must continue to pay your rent. However, if you are experiencing difficulties making payments you should contact your Area Housing Manager via MyHastoe, phone or email, so we can help.

    What if I can’t afford to pay my rent?

    Please contact your Area Housing Manager to let them know your situation as we will need to discuss the situation with you. Please refer to the support section below.

    What support is there to help me pay my rent?

    The government has provided details of the support it is able to provide, including the furlough scheme, which has been extended until September 2021.

    Your Area Housing Manager will be able to give you further advice on your specific circumstances or they can refer you to our Money Advice Service.

    How do I pay my rent?

    The easiest way to pay your rent is by setting up a direct debit. You can set up a credit or debit card payment via the online resident portal MyHastoe. Your Area Housing Manager can take a debit or credit card payment by phone. Alternatively, please visit our Make a payment page for other ways to pay.

    Will I be evicted for not paying my rent?

    Although Hastoe is housing provider with charitable status and we recognise many of our residents may be placed in serious difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will take possession action where debt has escalated to an unreasonable level and residents have made no contact, or failed to stick to an agreement to reduce the debt.

    I’m a shared owner. What if I can’t afford to pay both my rent and my mortgage?

    You can apply for a mortgage payment holiday from your lender. Money lenders have agreed to offer a payment holiday of up to 3 months.

    Do I still need to pay my service charge?

    Yes, this will still need to be paid. If you are experiencing problems please contact your Area Housing Manager via MyHastoe.

    Will estate services be provided?

    Government guidance has stated that our estate services can continue, subject to social distancing measures and safe working practices being adhered to. We will keep the position under review and monitor Government guidance, should further national and local lockdowns be introduced.

  • Financial support

    What if I'm struggling with money because of the coronavirus?

    We understand this is a difficult time for many of our residents.

    Our Benefit & Welfare Advisors, Mark and Lisane, have been helping residents who have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic, including many self-employed and furloughed workers. Please visit our Money matters: coronavirus support page to find out how Mark and Lisane could help you. The sooner you contact them, the sooner they can support you.

    There is also further information and support available at:

  • Repairs and works to your home

    What will happen if Hastoe needs to visit my home to carry out a repair?

    Hastoe and our contractors are continuing to follow the latest Government advice on social distancing to ensure our residents, staff and contractors stay as safe as possible. Find out more about what to expect during a home visit.

    Will Hastoe be doing repairs in communal areas of blocks of flats?

    Yes. Our contractors are back working as normal and will carry out works to these areas. If local or national lockdowns are enforced again we will follow the appropriate Government advice on repair works.

    Will I be given a repairs appointment?

    Yes. Orders for repair works are now being raised. As we are working through a large backlog of repair orders from March 2020 onwards it may take longer than usual for an appointment to be booked in and works completed.

    Are routine repairs being carried out?

    Yes. However, we are prioritising repairs reported to us during the national lockdown from March 2020 onwards. New works orders can be raised as normal but may take longer for an appointment to be arranged and works completed. 

    Will my gas boiler still get serviced?

    To ensure the safety of our residents, we are continuing to carry out annual gas servicing where our contractors are still able to do this and where a resident is not self-isolating. If we can't do this, we will arrange an appointment at a later date.

    If you suspect a gas leak, call National Grid’s Gas Emergency on 0800 111 999 or Textphone 0800 371 787 if you are deaf or hard of hearing.

  • Managing your home

    Will Area Housing Managers still be visiting properties?

    Area Housing Managers are visiting schemes but they will only enter communal areas (both inside and outside) and will follow the current social distancing guidelines at all times. Visits to individual homes will be carried out for essential reasons only and various guidelines will be required, such as doors and windows being opened, PPE being worn and maintaining social distancing.

    Where can I go to for support if I’m suffering domestic violence?

    You should contact Women’s Aid Refuges on Freephone 0808 2000 247 or contact your Area Housing Manager. If it’s an emergency then call 999. If you can't speak when the operator answers your call, then either tap the telephone or dial 55 and your call will go straight to the police. Most councils also provide a list of local contacts on their website where you can seek support.

    Will cleaning of communal areas still happen in blocks of flats?

    Yes, cleaning services are currently running as normal at each scheme. Our cleaners will the current social distancing guidelines at all times.​

    Will safety checks still get done in block of flats?

    Yes, all necessary safety checks in communal areas will be conducted. Our staff and contractors will follow the current social distancing guidelines at all times.  

    It is important that you follow all safety advice and ensure that any corridors are kept clear from rubbish or other items. Please visit our Fire Safety  page for further advice and guidance.

    Will grounds maintenance continue?

    Yes. All grounds maintenance contracts are running normally. Our staff and contractors will follow the current social distancing guidelines at all times.

  • Self-isolation

    Do I need to tell you if I or someone I’m living with is self-isolating?

    No. You only need to tell us if we are due to visit your home.

    If I have an emergency, will you still carry out a repair if I am self-isolating?

    Yes, but you must let us know if you or anyone else in your home is ill or is self-isolating so that we can make the necessary safety arrangements before we visit.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Browsealoud Browsealoud
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size