SURVEYOR – Planned works
Salary - £36,000- £39,845 per annum
Plus Car Allowance: £5,000 per annum
Full time: 35 hours per week
Mobile with attendance at Hastoe office DT1
Annual leave 25 days plus Bank holidays
Hastoe are an award-winning housing association that manage 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
We are looking for a Surveyor to join our West Regional Team. The successful candidate will work with a great team of colleagues to help deliver our planned and major works programmes and also provide technical knowledge and expertise to their colleagues. Working closely with our team and with external contractors the successful candidate will provide excellent customer service to Hastoe residents while ensuring properties are maintained and repaired to high standards, providing Hastoe with value for money and ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
Our planned and major works projects typically include: Arranging works identified by fire risk assessments, cyclical redecorations, window and door replacements, re-roofing, heating upgrades, kitchen and bathroom replacements, overseeing major/complex repairs, defect surveys and decent homes works.
The role will be Dorset based and cover our West Region. Working arrangements will be mobile (home based), with attendance at Hastoe’s Dorchester Office two to four times a month, together with regular site/property visits.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, online discount scheme, Health cash plan, car leasing scheme plus many more. We’re keen to help you develop personally and professionally, with internal and external training to support you in your role, plus if you’d like to take up a professional qualification, we’ll contribute towards this too.
Duties will include:
- Taking the lead as Project Manager and Contract Administrator for each project.
- Preparing specifications, schedules of works and contract documents for tendering by contractors to deliver Hastoe’s planned, cyclical and major works programmes.
- Plan and undertake stock condition inspections to provide high quality data and assist with effective asset management planning.
- Performance monitoring and improvement of the supply chain to meet resident satisfaction.
- Partnering with colleagues in the responsive repairs team by picking up repair works and assisting with more challenging and difficult to diagnose responsive repair issues.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, residents and other Hastoe departments.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, building regulations and health and safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Construction or related qualification such as a BTEC, HNC, HND – currently working towards or a desire to work towards a Professional Qualification such as RICS, RIBA, MCIOB or BSc in Building Surveying.
- Experience of managing projects using JCT Minor Works and JCT Measured Term contracts and schedules of rates.
- Understanding of building pathology and ability to diagnose complex building related defects.
- Good report and specification writing.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Awareness of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos.
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS).
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
Please send your CV and a supporting statement to email@example.com by 09:00 on 14 July 2022
Interviews will be held in the Dorchester Office. Interviews will take place as the recruitment progresses. If we receive a suitable number of applications, we will close the vacancy.
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks.
25 days + 1.5 days complimentary leave (increasing with service up to a maximum of 28 days) + the option to purchase additional leave.
Employer contribution of 5%, giving a total combined contribution of 8% of salary (minimum employee contribution of 3%).
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)