Senior Regional Maintenance Surveyor – East Region- including East Anglia, Milton Keynes & North London
Salary: £40,714-£45,237 per annum
Full time: 35 hours per week
Car Allowance: £5,000 per annum
Annual leave: 26 days per annum plus Bank holidays
We have an exciting opportunity for a surveyor to join our East regional team. The successful candidate will lead and work with a great team of colleagues to help deliver a high quality, customer focused responsive and void service to our residents. The role will include but is not limited to oversight and day to day management of Maintenance and Repair contracts, managing a team of Regional Maintenance Surveyors, ensuring contractors are meeting KPI’s, performance reporting and providing technical support where required.
The role is designated as mobile covering the East area including East Anglia, Milton Keynes & North London, with visits to the office near Saffron Walden two to four times a month.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, building regulations and health and safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Construction or related qualification such as a B-Tech, HNC/HND or BSc in Building Surveying.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of managing and negotiating with contractors to ensure performance to contract standards.
- Experience of delivering a repairs service using term contracts and schedules of rates.
- Understanding of building pathology and ability to diagnose complex building related defects.
- Experience of legal disrepair claims and complaints handling.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos.
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving license and have use of your own vehicle.
We want to support both your personal and professional development. We have a range of training opportunities to help you achieve your professional development, but you’ll also be supported by other benefits such as; 26 days annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 28 days with service) plus Bank Holidays, 1.5 days additional complimentary leave per year, car allowance, online discount schemes, car leasing scheme, Pension with employer contribution up to 8%, Employee Assistance programme, Health cash plan, plus many more
Hastoe are an award-winning housing association that manage 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, supporting statement outlining what you would bring to this role to email@example.com.
Don’t delay in applying as we may close the vacancy early if we receive a suitable number of applications.
Interviews will be held in the East Regional office (near Saffron Walden).
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact James Johnson, Property Services Manage on 07912 390821 or the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks
How to apply
Please send your CV and a supporting statement to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 21st August 2022.
Please note, CVs sent without a supporting statement will not be considered for shortlisting.
26 days Increasing with service (up to a maximum of 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + the option to purchase additional leave.
Employer contribution of 5%, giving a total combined contribution of 8% of salary (minimum employee contribution of 3%).
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)