Salary: £40,120 per annum (full time or pro rata for part time)
Location: Hybrid within a 45-minute commute to Milton Keynes (home-based/Saffron Walden office)
Hours: 35 hours (full time hours – part time applications are welcome)
Benefits: 25 days excluding UK Public/Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time) plus 1.5 days complimentary leave, option to purchase additional annual leave, car leasing scheme, healthcare cash plan, pension plus more
Hastoe owns and manages more than 7,500 homes across the south of England from Devon to Norfolk. We are a social housing landlord and England’s leading rural housing specialist. We deliver small housing developments in partnership with local communities although for historic reasons, we also own some housing in urban areas.
We are passionate about providing a first-class service for our customers. If you are enthusiastic, customer-focused, and passionate about making a difference to people’s lives, then we want to hear from you.
About the role
We have an opportunity for either a full time or part time Repairs Officer to join our East Region Team. The successful candidate will work closely with our contact centre, property services admin team and our external contractors. They will be expected to provide excellent customer service to our residents, while ensuring Hastoe maintains and repairs its properties economically and in accordance with the legal requirements.
This position is principally to cover the Milton Keynes area. Ideally applicants would be based within commuting distance of both Saffron Walden and Milton Keynes for ease of travel between our properties.
Duties will include:
- Inspecting defects in dwellings and specifying cost effective repairs.
- Perform domestic surveys, determine necessary remedial works and specify appropriate repairs.
- Assisting with the specification and inspection of planned maintenance works.
- Assisting with the maintenance of accurate stock data.
- Pre and post void inspections including specifying works and liaising with colleagues in the Housing Team.
You will need to have good working knowledge of building pathology, Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You will also need:
- The ability to adapt, organise and prioritise your workload while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers and stakeholders internal and external.
- To be aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos.
- To have a knowledge of building construction and willingness to undertake training
- To be computer literate and have the ability to learn new systems (Hastoe use MIS).
- To have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- To hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
Annual Leave: Starting at 25 days, excluding UK Public/Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time) plus 1.5 days complimentary leave, along with the option to purchase additional leave.
Enhanced Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions start at 5% and are based on a matching of your own contribution level, plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8% employer contribution.
A personal note from Megan Owen, your hiring manager:
“Hastoe property services is fast-paced and customer focused. Each day is interesting and rewarding. Hastoe champions personal and professional growth – so you develop into the best you can be with a team that supports you all the way. We cannot wait to welcome our new Repairs Officer to the team.”
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Thursday 29 February 2024.
We will be conducting interviews as the recruitment progresses and may close the vacancy early. We recommend applying early.
This post is subject to background checks.
Meet some of our colleagues
Learn more about our different roles and discover what it's like working at Hastoe.
Investors in People Gold
Hastoe is an IiP Gold employer. Only 17% of IiP accredited organisations achieve this standard.