Number of homes: 8
- 8 for rent
All eight homes were prioritised for people with a local connection to Powerstock.
Work started on site: January 2018
Work completed: February 2019
- Hastoe: £1,200,000
- Homes England: £360,000
- West Dorset District Council: £195,000
- CLT: Powerstock and District Community Land Trust
- Local authority: West Dorset District Council
- Architect: Etchingham Morris Architecture
- Contractor: Classic Builders
- Employer's Agent: Frazer Garner Associates
The Powerstock and District CLT was set up in 2012 with the aim of transforming the site, previously a builder’s scrap yard, into more affordable housing for local people. They bought the land from the trustees of Admiral Sir V A C Crutchley’s Will Trust and leased it to Hastoe to develop and manage the homes on their behalf.
Sitting within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the homes are designed to reflect a farmyard conversion and all materials used in the build were carefully selected to meet the requirements of the surrounding conservation area. The name was chosen by the CLT because the site had a historic link to a former forge with an apple orchard nearby.
Take a look at some of our other homes that have recently been completed.